Dr. Julie Briley, ND
Functional & Naturopathic Medicine
Clinical Experience: 10 years practicing naturopathic and functional medicine, including advanced training in digestive disorders and food as medicine.
Existing patients please use the Vytal Health portal to schedule appointments
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM)
- BS In Biology and Environmental Studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Co-founded the Food as Medicine Institute at NUNM
- Clinical practice specializing in digestive disorders and hormonal imbalances
- Co-authored Food As Medicine Everyday: Reclaim Your Health With Whole Foods
What are your goals? And is your health and wellness aligned to your goals?
My goal is to help you achieve yours. You are more than a body, but it’s hard to achieve your goals without taking care of this amazing body you have.
So often my patients come to me wishing they had come months or even years ago. If that’s you, that’s okay. You’re here now.
What is making you feel unhealthy? How long have you felt this way and why have you gotten nowhere with your primary care physician?
If you are ready to start moving forward in your health again, I am here to help!
From environmental studies to holistic health
At one point in my life, I was very focused on a career in environmental preservation. I majored in Biology and Environmental Studies in college and had the chance to study and research abroad a couple times, both in Costa Rica and in Ecuador.
But a shift occurred when I became a Peace Corps volunteer in Paraguay.
My specified project was to help people preserve a national park and to work on conservation, but I hit a wall fast.
You see, people weren’t healthy. What I learned then I have never forgotten: if you don’t have access to education on health, you can’t do the other things in your life that matter.
Thus, I shifted my focus. I started working with people to grow more vegetables at home, and I began helping high schoolers engage in more physical activity.
Eventually, I left Paraguay with a passion for seeing people understand the value of taking care of their bodies.
Naturopathic medicine: a perfect fit
When I realized I was ready to study more, naturopathic medicine had everything I was looking for: I could be a physician, focusing on natural approaches but able to prescribe a pharmaceutical as needed. Moreover, it maintained a special focus on teaching people how to live in healthy ways.
I have never looked back, and I love what I do. I love the holistic approach to mind, body, and soul.
I’m here to help people feel better—in whatever way that is.
- Sometimes that means counselling.
- Sometimes that means uncovering a missed diagnosis.
- Sometimes it means finding the right supplements.
- Always it includes educating you on the little areas in your life where you can see big health gains.
Let your lifestyle usher in good health
A lot of people come in thinking we can fix everything with a single supplement. But that’s not how your body works, even though that is the approach of most conventional medicine (“Pop a pill and feel better.”).
That’s not what working with me is like.
I want to know why you’re feeling bad.
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Does your body get enough movement?
- Do you absorb the nutrients you need?
- Does your body react to certain foods?
- Do you eat enough fruits and vegetables?
- Are all your hormones balanced and working together harmoniously?
- Is your gut microflora healthy?
The answers to some of these questions may require lifestyle change. A good, healthy body that achieves your goals will require some effort.
But I’m there with you. That’s the part I love. Call after call, we can adjust and change your health plan as needed. This is the doctor-patient relationship you’ve been waiting for.
Achieve your goals feeling good about life
You have goals, whether they be travel goals, business goals, or the hope of one day romping around with grandkids.
Let’s move you toward the energy and health that can achieve goals, and feel great getting there.